After spending enough time on installing Oracle SQL Developer and respective issues, I thought of writing few easy steps to install it. Hope it would help and save your time.
Steps to install Oracle SQL Developer(for windows):
- Download SQL Developer from Oracle site. Download
- Download JDK if it is not installed on your machine. Download
- Install JDK and then unzip SQL Developer
- Click on sqldeveloper.exe, it will ask for java.exe path
- Open the path where JDK is installed. It would be something like "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\bin" depeneding upon which version you install.
- If it is giving any exception, remove the entry [SetJavaHome] from sqldeveolper.conf file from "..\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.conf" and give the correct path of java.exe file.
Please provide your feedback if you like the post.